What is SEO copywriting?
Writing advertising texts is not an easy task that requires special skills to work with different programs and competently construct sentences to increase the reader’s interest in the topic. SEO copywriting allows to promote written texts on the first pages of search engines by inserting given keywords into sentences. In addition to SEO promotion of the site, such texts should be useful and interesting information to readers, pushing the idea to buy a certain product or service.The main task of copywriting is to promote the site in the world’s most popular search engines Google and Yandex. Each of them has its own criteria, which are used to determine the order of issuing queries on the search page. Since it is impossible to know the exact algorithm, it is necessary to observe the basic criteria for successful SEO optimization.
What is the peculiarity of SEO copywriting?
Copywriting is designed to familiarize the reader with a certain topic, to provide useful information, to help make appropriate conclusions. SEO texts are distinguished by the presence of keywords that raise the site in the search engine list of queries. Thus, SEO copywriting provides for two main features:
- The presence of keywords. In order for the site to be displayed on the first pages of the search engine, you need to insert the text of the keys, relevant topics, so that their number is not more than 3% of the volume. For example, if the site sells scooters, the keyword should match the query (“buy scooters for kids”). You can use specialized SEO programs to select appropriate keywords. The main task of the copywriter is to distribute the keys evenly in the text.
- Informativeness of the text. Search engines also form the order taking into account the usefulness of the information for the reader. For example, if the user explores the site for a long time, goes to other sections, uses search filters, the search engine will find this resource interesting and its place in the rank will increase.
The main advantages of SEO copywriting are:
- optimization of texts to increase the resource in the search engine results;
- increase in site traffic;
- reducing advertising costs.
SEO text is not as easy to write as ordinary text, because you need to use keywords organically. If there are too many of these keywords, the proposals are rough and unreadable, as a result of which the text will be uninteresting to the reader. One should also avoid overspamming keywords as the search engine algorithm will take into account this factor, which may lower the site in the query list.
Basic rules for writing a good SEO article
For successful SEO optimization, it is important to find a copywriter who takes into account all the rules of writing:
- Full coverage of the given topic.
- The use of keywords in direct, morphological and expansive terms.
- Adherence to the structure of the text. The presence of numbered and bulleted lists, subheadings H2, H3, etc.
- High uniqueness (ideally – 95%-100%).
- No overspamming of keywords.
- Minimum unnecessary information in the text.
To check these indicators you can use the popular programs Text.ru, Advego.ru, “Glavred”.